Saturday, January 30, 2010

Transfer..Where?

No silly, I meant Transferware.
You know, that lovely china pattern found in numerous colors depicting various scenes from romantic to pastoral.
I started collecting years ago but my fondness for these pieces has grown.
Whether new or antique they add loveliness to any tablesetting.
This cup and saucer is a reproduction of an antique Spode pattern-a gift from a dear friend.
The details can be intricate and graceful.
Even though this is not technically transferware it blends well with the other pieces.
This little handled bowl was a fun find at an antique store for $3.
One of my favorite of the blue and white patterns is 'Coaching Scenes' by Johnson Bros.
Lately I have been leaning toward the brown and white patterns.
These little treasures were found in local thrift shops.
The tea pot was a bargain at $1o while the cups were a mere 25 cents each.
Wait a minute-what is Kramer doing over there?Hmmm...looks like he's up to trouble-trying to get to the roses in the crystal pitcher on the music cabinet.
You're busted now!
Foiled again!
I will just have to keep an eye, or should I say a lens, on him while I finish photographing.
Maybe a little closer.
(OK so I'm having a bit of fun with the camera-I couldn't do this before:).
I still haven't moved-just zoomed in.
The top of the tea pot handle blurred giving the picture a softer feeling.
Yeah, Kramer looks sweet enough but I know this was just a ploy for more blog time!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me on this rainy day.

I truly enjoy reading your kind comments-it always warms my heart:)!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the browns too, since you don't see as many of those in folk's collections. You have done some great work with your camera and having fun it seems. Good for you. I have not got all of my extra down pat yet. I can zoom in but haven't figured out all the letters that come up on some of the choices. Fun to keep trying.
QMM

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Kim,

I love all your beautiful china.
The browns are lovely ~ my first ever dinner set I bought was a blue and white willow pattern ( just the copy)
You must be having a lot of fun with the new camera.

Have a happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Elizabeth Bradley said...

All my transfer..where is packed away. I used to be into the cobalt and blues, then I branched out into the cranberries and browns. I love seeing your collections, and that little pill, Kramer!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

oooo the brown and white are MY FAVORITE too! They look especially nice with Kramer in the background ;)
everything vintage

Rita said...

your tranwferware collection is amazing and gorgeous beyond words. I too have a weakness for transferware and red is my fave color. I've just recently bought some wedgwood and johnson bros pieces on e-bay as unfortunately it's very difficult to run into transferware here in Italy.
have a fab sunday
rita

June said...

Hi Kim,
I love trnsferware too. I don't really have any to speak of,but I do love it. Your collection is so lovely. I adore all colors, but for now, I also lean towards the brown as well. That seems to change with the times for me.
You got the cutest shots of Kramer! He IS such a ham, isn't he?
hugs

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

No matter the colour choice transferware can be addictive.
I'm captivated by the number of patterns that have been produced over the centuries.
Yours is lovely.
That Krammer is such a character.
Enjoy your week.
Susan x

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

What a guilty little face!

I have some brown transferware with Eastlake designs and I just love it! My neighbor collects the blue transferware and she has TONS of it. You have some beautiful pieces! Glad to see you're having fun with your new camera!

-Pam