Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Charm of Cherubs

What is it about these chubby, frolicking, little cherubs that endears the heart so? No Victorian home is complete without at least one of these charming little cherubs, no matter what form they may take:)

A thoughtful cherub contemplating which book to choose in the library.

One of a pair of vintage cherub candleholders found at an antique mall in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
Second of the pair.

A terra cotta cherub offers to guard my rings while dishes are washed in the sink.

A vintage tissue box cover is bedecked with a sweet cherub's face.

This cherub holds a bowl of potpourri scenting the bathroom with the sweet smell of roses.

This darling cherub watches me as I cook each day:)

Porcelain cherubs...

brass cherubs...

and sleeping cherubs.

Are you charmed by cherubs?

Be sure to visit Theresa at Time-Worn Interiors and enter her 100th blog giveaway:)

11 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Your cherubs are all so angelic and I love the way they are watching over you and guarding your rings whilst the dishes are washed.

Lovely post.

Hugs
Carolyn

The Vintage Rose said...

It is indeed a pleasure to read about your treasures - whether lights of yesteryear or cherubs or lace ( I particularly loved this one)

Unknown said...

Your Cherubs are all so sweet! THank you for sharing! I love cherubs! :)
I need more cherubs, LOL!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

My Mother collects cheribs, you have a lot of lovely ones posted :) I will have to tell her about the giveaway.

Sending warm thoughts,
Kathi :)

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Ah you've got me beat, LOL. Love your photos!

Karen

Paula said...

Oh, I love all your sweet little cherubs! I have many of those darlings myself in my Victorian home! I have one of the candlestick cherubs that you found in the antique store in Georgia. How I would love to find it's mate! Mine was given to me by my grandmother, and it is so dear to me.

Thanks for your visit to my blog and for touring our home and B&B. Yes, we do have a website. The name of the B&B is "The Little Young House," and our webpage is www.tennesseebb.com.

Isn't the ghost such a neat addition to the house?! I will have to share with you a few of the ghost sitings over the last few years, and those we've heard about from previous owners of the house. She has quite a history with sitings that goes back to at least the early 1900s. So fascinating! But, as I mentioned, Michael and I have never "seen" her! I feel a little "left out," to be honest!

Oh, you do ghost tours! How FUN! Oh, please tell me more!

Blessings,
Paula

Lesley said...

I do love cherubs!!! I have them everywhere I can put them and not look like a total fool. :)

Lesley

Debra Hall said...

Love the sweet cherub post and wow ... there are a whole lot of cherub lovers out there!! I found that out selling on ebay. Thanks for stopping by with the kind words...see u soon
Debra

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

What lovely cherubs,and you are so right they are indearing little figures.I love buying them and using them in my creations ,when I make creations...LOL... Hugs Marie Antionette

sepiadreams said...

Love ,love, love cherubs in any shape, form or fashion! I am always drawn to the cherubs no matter where I am. I have lamps and plaques and statues of them all over. Beautiful Post!!! Thanks for sharing with us....Love Tiina...

lorhen82 said...

I am charmed by cherubs too! Thanks for sharing photos of your collection. ~Lori