Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

God Bless those who paid the ultimate price for the freedom and blessings of this country.
Thank you.
A symbol of the freedom of this great country.
I began this beautiful day with breakfast on the front porch. The flag in the above picture was hanging proudly at our neighbor's house across the street reminding me why I was able to enjoy this early morning breakfast and a day off from work.
From there I decided to stroll through the yard photographing all of my husband's hard work. This little cherub hides amongst the Hawthorne bushes.
Around the bushes a ferocious garden gator awaits:)
Lots of Lantanna this year. I love these bold orange, red, and gold Lantanna flowers.
Purple flower plant thing (I'm not the gardener-I'm just the photographer so these are purple flower plants).
More Lantanna, this time in soft pastel colors.
And more Lantanna!
I follow the path further and admire all of dear hubby's hard work.
Hydrangea bushes, elephant ears, and a respite for the feathered visitors.
This is all so enjoyable and then...
I round the corner and YIKES!!!
Looks like there is still some work to be done. I'll post more pictures once he finishes this section of the gardens.

11 comments:

TattingChic said...

Your husband has done a beautiful job on your yard! Happy Memorial Day to you, too! :)

Peggy said...

I enjoyed your photo tour. Nice job.
QMM

Michael823 said...

Hi, ask Darryl if the purple flowers are Vinca Minor. We use them as ground cover out here in CA.

Have a great rest of the day.

Love,
Dad

crochet lady said...

Your blessed to have such a handy fella.

Thanks for the garden tour, love the croc among the plants.

Happy day!
Jen

Jodie LeJeune said...

Do you hire your husband out? I could cook for him as he would have 6 acres to play with over here! He could plant his little heart out!!!!

My gosh it's looking great!!! Gotta love those "purple flowers"...(smile)

Hope you enjoyed your day off today~
everything vintage

lorhen82 said...

I love the purple flower plant thing! Your hubbie does a great job! ~Lori

Andrea said...

Dear Kim, I enjoyed my stroll through your garden. It is so beautiful!

What a lovely day you had! By the way, I copied the tea directions and posted them onto a document I dressed with pics and borders. I taped it onto the inside of the door of my tea cabinet. It's perfect.

Take care. God bless you. You are a blessing, dear friend.

Andrea

Draffin Bears said...

Thank you for the garden tour Kim.
Love all your flowers and croc and cherub statue.

Enjoy your day off.
Hugs
Carolyn

lady m's lavender cottage said...

You have a beautiful garden! Thank you for sharing it with us :)

blessings,

lady m

sepiadreams said...

You have a beautiful garden....I did not see any kitty cats? Were they inside or hiding with the gator? Love Tiina...

The English Cottage Collection said...

Wow! YOur yard is so gorgeous!! YOu have a greeeeeen thumb:)
talk soon ~Debra