Friday, May 29, 2009

Rain, rain, rain

I love to sit on the front porch during a rain shower.
This rain shower was complete with thunder and lightening.
A few days ago I decided to surprise my husband with this antique desk that he liked at a local consignment shop (our anniversay is next month so this was an early anniversary gift). My dear friend, Christine, went with me to pick it up (thank goodness it fit in the back of her minivan) and then she helped me move it into the house. After getting it in the living room I decorated it and turned on the lamp so hubby would be surprised when he got home from work. A little while later he came home, walked into the living room and then back to the kitchen. We talked for a while and then he went back to the living room and watched TV while I finished fixing supper. Then we sat on the sofa IN FRONT OF the desk and watched TV-and no, he still hasn't noticed it yet. Finally Kramer jumped up on the desk and I fussed at him hoping that perhaps hubby would notice that there was a desk in the corner with a light on that wasn't there before! Nope, he kept watching TV. Finally he turned around to see what Kramer was doing and then he noticed the desk. He'd been home an HOUR before he noticed it! Needless to say he was surprised (once he realized that something was there:) and very happy with the desk. Of course we laughed about the fact that he hadn't noticed it for an hour!

13 comments:

CottageBliss said...

It's Gorgeous!!

Men are so funny...lol!

Melissa

Miss Sandra said...

Kim,

What a lovely view from your porch. I do so love rainy days. :)
As for the desk and husband...oh how funny! Truly a guy thing, I think.
It's a lovely desk and you decorated it just right!

Hugs,
Sandra

lady m said...

What a lovely view! Yes,sometimes you must just come out and say...look honey, I got it for you :)

blessings,

lady m

sepiadreams said...

Oh Lordy Kim, don't even get me going about men and what they notice and don't notice. We would be jumping for joy if we got a new goody, but men- well lets face it-maybe you should have invested in a cute little night gown and maybe some of those pump shoes with the feathers (you get the picture)and then waited to see how long it would have taken for him to notice. I bet the blogging would have been put on hold...LOL....LOve Tiina....

June said...

Hi Kim,
It's a pretty desk. Men are funny that way. I used to joke that I could bring anything into the house when hubby was gone and he would never notice.He only notices home decor if he has to move it.
I love watching storms too. Such power.
Smiles,
June

crochet lady said...

My hubby does the same thing sometimes. I count how many hours or days it will take, after I get a new hair-do, for my husband to notice.

Anonymous said...

I guess we all have the same situation with husbands. I love the desk and it is a nice gift, especially since you knew he liked it. I love to sit and watch the rain and listen to the 8 track.
QMM

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Men! (need not say more...)

Kramer must like the desk more than he liked the new dining table!

And I hope hubby finished his garden work in the yard...I am sure this rain will bring lots of beautiful blooms when the sun comes out.

everything vintage

Draffin Bears said...

Lovely gift Kim and how funny it took all that time for husband to notice.
It must have fitted in well in your house, as if it was meant to be there.

We have rain here too.
Not very nice as it is a long weekend here - Queens birthday weekend and there are a lot of holiday makers over here.

Hugs
Carolyn

Michael823 said...

Ok that's enough!!!! These attacks on my gender must be defended!! Do you think that maybe he was soooo enthralled with your beauty that he didn't notice the desk right away? Or maybe that his love for you is so strong he just wanted to be with you and didn't notice the desk? (This is getting a little deep even for me!)

Anyway the desk is wonderful!

Love,
Dad

SweetAnnee said...

I love a rainstorm too..especially if you can sit on the porch and enjoy it..Deena

Unknown said...

Kim,
You are a stronger woman than I! I couldn't have contained myself for that long! I'd have been saying, "HONEY!!! Ummm...I got you someTHING!!!". I can't keep it a secret! I admire your patience! It' makes for a hilarious story! :)

lorhen82 said...

That is too funny! I bet you were just itching to say something to him. Men always notice the things you DON'T want them to notice though! It's a beautiful desk! ~Lori