Friday, June 12, 2009

Porcelain Overload!

Just thought I would share some more of the porcelain stash that arrived at the shop yesterday.
Several pieces are displayed on this dropleaf table.

Celery and relish trays...

Occupied Japan tea service...

Butter pats and a salt bowl (those Victorians had a dish for everything:).

Chocolate Pot.

These two porcelain plates are lovely.
Limoges boullion cup and saucer...

Set of pretty pink berry bowls with matching large bowl...
Close-up of the plates. The one in the back is Limoges and is a 'mixed media' which means a combination of hand painting and transfer pattern.

The hand painted pansies on this plate are as colorful as the real thing!

Demitasse cup (RS Prussia) and Nippon hair receiver.

Beautiful plate with intricate cut work and colorful flowers.

Limoges covered dish (we thought this was a butter dish at first but now we believe it is a soap dish:).

Tea anyone?
As you can see this was porcelain overload!!! The scary thing is that I haven't pictured all of the treasures! It was fun sharing these beautiful pieces with you-thanks for coming by:).
Porcelain Trivia:
Did you know that in 1901 at the World's Fair in Paris that amateur American painted china was barred from competition?
(Information from "Amercian Painted Porcelain" by Dorothy Kamm).
For those who love hand painted porcelain check out "Collecting Hand Painted Limoges Porcelain" by Debby DuBay-it's pure eye candy:).

10 comments:

crochet lady said...

Lovely items. The Japanese tea service is elegant with the gold on white, but my favorite is the plate with the pansies.

Deanna said...

Fantastic!
Oh Kim, these are lovely.
I've really enjoyed seeing these.
AND Yes Teeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa plez!
What do you suggest today?
Could we have it in the Occupied Japan Tea Set? So pretty.
Have a blessed week-end,
~D~

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love looking at porcelain pieces. I have a few treasured ones that belonged to my grandmother. There's something about porcelain that makes me feel so elegant!

Unknown said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous dishes! Thanks for sharing! :)

June said...

Hi Kim,
OH MY GOODNESS! I LOVE that chocolate pot. I love the little coverd dish too. How can you stand to be tempted so.
Smiles,
June

Andrea said...

Oh, these pieces are so beautiful! I love collecting porcelain, but it takes much time to obtain a significant collection.
These are so lovely!

Kim, thank you for your kindest of birthday wishes, and I appreciate your sharing of the amazing "fishes and loaves" story. I even had my dear husband read it. (I hope that was ok.)

We both thought it was so beautiful! Oh, how our heavenly Father loves us! His ways are unsearchable! And he honors those who fear/respect His name!

I believe He whispered many "I love you's" through a miracle, and no, it was no small thing. Forever you will remember it, and it is a testimony of His faithfulness and goodness toward you and all who hear it.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Many, many blessings to you and yours.

In Christ's Love,

Andrea

Draffin Bears said...

How beautiful Kim and thanks for sharing them.
I loved them all but my favourite would have to be the Pansy plate.

It must be so hard not to buy yourself a little piece to add to your collection.

Hugs
Carolyn

lorhen82 said...

More beautiful stuff...I love the little butter pats and the salt bowl! ~Lori

SweetAnnee said...

I LOVE them..
woohoo
Deena

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

I love your blog (just found it). I'm pretty sure the piece in the next-to-last picture is a cheese server :)

Mary