Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beauty...

Beauty is everywhere if we will search for it. Do you see all of the beauty in your surroundings or in just the obvious places?
On a stroll through our historic district this past Saturday I noticed the beauty of these branches intertwined with each other much as our lives intertwine with God.
How about the beauty of childhood and the simple joys of a tree swing?
What about the beauty in the American flag as it furls in the marsh breezes reminding of us of the beauty of freedom?
Then there is the obvious beauty like the soft red petals of Camillas in full bloom.
There is beauty in the stillness of the salt water marshes if we will be still ourselves and let that beauty encompass us.
What about the anomolies in life like these above ground tree roots sustaining an ancient oak tree-do you see the beauty there or in just what society deems beautiful?
Life sustaining life, the water attracks the bugs that feed this crane. Do you see the beauty there?
Beauty reflecting beauty.
Do you see the beauty that surrounds the crane-the sticks of sea grasses or the spanish moss dangling from the trees? One must look beyond the obvious to discover these things.
How about the humorous beauty like this root system that resembles a geco wrapped around the base of a Palmetto tree?

Beauty is all around us if we just take the time to notice. God has created and surrounded us in beauty-have you thanked Him for this gift today?

12 comments:

June said...

So true about the beauty of the everyday. God has certainly blessed us abundantly. Thank you for sharing these lovely pics.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Your photos are beautiful!! We have so much to be thankful for. THanks for reminding me to stop and see it all. ;))

xo Heather

lorhen82 said...

You said it well. I have tons of photos of things that a lot of people probably wonder why I would want them, but I love to see the beauty of God's creation. I too have pics of intertwined and tangled trees. Thanks for sharing some of the beauty that you see in the world around you! Love that Spanish moss! ~Lori

Paula said...

What a lovely post. Thank you for the reminder today of the beauty we can find in the most unobvious places.

I hope your week is off to a good start, my friend.

Blessings,
Paula

Stephenie said...

What beautiful pictures!!!! Your post today just felt so peaceful and relaxing. What beauty...Thanks for reminding me to be thankful. Hope you have a wonderful week..
STephenie

crochet lady said...

There is beauty in everything God has touched. Your photos are so lovely. You have an eye for capturing the essence of an image.

Draffin Bears said...

What a beautiful post and I loved all the photos you shared today.

I really did think they were geckos
intertwined around the tree, I had to look twice.

Hugs
Carolyn

Teacup Mosaics said...

Thanks for reminding us to take time. Your post was lovely, thanks for taking the time to share.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh my! I was behind on reading the last TWO of your posts...they were just the beauty I needed to start my day! Your photos are gorgeous!!! You live in such a beautiful area...I would be out daydreaming everyday if I were there! Certainly there are MANY things to be thankful for!!!!
everything vintage

The Pink Birdhouse said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post, and I don't mean that as a pun. :-) It is trully written with much deep-felt thought and emotion, and the pictures took me on a tour thru your area, showing me all the little things that touch you so much, give you reason for pause and enjoy the beauty of what is right there. Once again, we dare not forget to slow down, enjoy the little things and realize how blessed we all are! thanks for a lovely, lovely post!!! Posts like this are what make me love blogging so much.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Gorgeous photos and the thought behind them!
Have a great day!
Rene'

Andrea said...

Your spring pictures are so peaceful. They are all beautiful. Did you say you live in Charleston? We used to live near Savannah. Amazing beauty! Take care, and God bless.

Andrea