Monday, August 31, 2009

Barbershop BBQ!

Saturday evening hubby and I went to a BBQ for his Barbershop chorus.
The setting was beautiful as we all gathered at the marina gazebo.
The views were spectacular!
Let's have a seat and watch the boats sail by.
Even the brick walk was lovely made with crushed oyster shells otherwise known as 'tabby':).
Sea grasses sway in the evening breezes (and yes that's BBQ chicken that you smell on the grill:).
Now that we've eaten it's time for some music! You know the good 'ole tunes like 'Little Eyes' and of course 'Down by the Riverside'.
Hubby singin' (it almost looks like a fake backdrop behind him but it's real:).
An egret hunts for an evening snack amongst the marsh grasses.
As the moon rises...
and the sun begins it's gradual descent...
we pack our things, say adieu, and head for home.
As we prepared to leave I noticed this cute little dog. Hmmm...he looks familiar. Yup, it's the same pup from my beach post last month (A Day at the Beach)!
What can I say, it's a small town:).
Hope your weekend was filled with joy and wonder!
What's your favorite 'old time' song?
Mine is most definately 'Let Me Call You Sweetheart'.

9 comments:

Bertie said...

Oh Goodness, Kim!! Yet more we have in common. I sang barbershop for over 10 years!! During that time, I also started a Women's Gospel Quartet and have been with them for 25 years now.

What part does hubby sing? I'm a bass.

Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful event!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

June said...

I love that your husband sings in a quartet. Is he bass, tenor...? I love listening to barbershop quartets. We used to have a group here in town.
The bbq looks like a good time to me and the scenery is beautiful.
Hugs,
June

Paula said...

Dear Kim,

How wonderful your husband sings in a barbershop quartet! It looks like you had a wonderful time and enjoyed beautiful scenery. Thank you for sharing! I think it is so neat that you saw the same sweet doggie there that you had seen on the beach!

Love, Paula

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Such a lovely night!

Deanna said...

Dear Kim,
Old time song, "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" is hard to beat.

Looks like you all had a great time!!!

Wonderful place to gather,
d

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Kim,

What a lovely evening you must have had. All looks great Kim with food and song and such a lovely place.
I have lots of old favs, What a wonderful world, is one I love.

Enjoy your week
Hugs
Carolyn

crochet lady said...

That looks like a really great time, singing, BBQ and the view!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Kim...we don't have a Barbershop Quarter or anything like that down here. I thought that was a lost art! This is too sweet!
Your photos were beautiful and I enlarged every one of them to get ALL of the details. What a beautiful place, a beautiful evening and a special event!
everything vintage