Thursday, January 15, 2009

When Pigs Fly!

My father and his wife Ann are at it again! I have been collecting flying pigs for years but my collection has grown to porky proportions lately. Dad and Ann (and many of their friends) scour shops and craft fairs for anything that oinks and has wings. Some of the pigs are laughable while others are quite elegant. Today I received a box with a very fru-fru pink sparkly 'when pigs fly' sign and this very elegant pig. I think she needs a strand of pearls. What do you think?

2 comments:

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Yes! I think pearls would be perfect.

~ Karen

Bumpkin Hill said...

oh yes must have pearls :) A friend of mine used to live in a house that many years before was a piggery so it was called "The Old Piggery", well after she moved in she started to get inundated with pig ornaments! She has now moved and there are less pigs and now more cats, horses and dogs of the real variety ;) It's been lovely to see your bonnets, dresses and home. Hugs to Hamish! Catherine x